Thread: AUTISM TATTOOS

Hi Everyone
    My DD and Son- In- law has found a way to promote autism awareness. They bought each other matching PUZZLE PIECE TATTOOS!!! JD"S is on his outer forearm, and Stef's is on her inside forearm. They said it will give them more of a chance to inform others. In this family we all have the magnets, DD and I have purses with puzzle pieces on them, along with t-shirts. Tattoos aren't my thing, but If they had to get one, I couldn't think of a better one than that[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
    SO... How do you all promote awareness?

Mona, Grandma to Devin 4 in Aug ASD / SID
    </span></font>

How cool! Don't think I could do a tattoo, no need for more pain. But, I have a variety of autism t shirts, magnets on my car, etc. My son has a pin he wears when we go out that says, Life lessons in progress. Autism. Thanks for your patience. I think the more awareness, the better!

Hey, that's pretty cool! I'm glad they found a creative way to express themselves, and to promote awareness at the same time. Kuddos to them.

COOL! I am considering this, seriously. Great idea![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Just this morning I was thinking about adding either the puzzle piece or the ribbon to my son's name (tatooed 2 yrs. ago) on my arm. The ribbon would look nicer, but since there are ribbons for everything, I don't think it would generate any interest. The puzzle - people might ask "why do you have a puzzle on your arm".

Hmm... can't decide.

We also have the pins, magnets, shirts, etc. However, I haven't and don't want to have my son wear any autism things. I kind of feel like it would be saying "look at me, I'm autistic". I think it may make him feel singled out, or something? He's completely non-verbal, so I can't ask his opinion. My husband doesn't understand why this would concern me.

Hi everyone
    Thanks for the responses. What is really cool is when they hold hands, their tattoos touch each others, they are multi-colored and the colors even match. They say that means that they are in this together for their child[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] Anyway, Thanks again

Mona, Grandma to Devin 4yrs in Aug ASD / SID
    </span></font>

One of my parents at school got the autism ribbon tattooed on this forearm so it wraps around his hand so it looks like his hand is coming through it. He is a great dad (who happens to be a major biker dude! I love him!) He said it means that he is punching threw autism and not giving up. I thought that was really cool! I am turning 40 this summer and was thinking about a little puzzle piece tattoo....we shall see.